Yes. except that unlike us when we get unplugged we actually die. Our minds
vanish. My thinking is that if Mr. Computer is unplugged, it has a save
function, that mind is not destroyed, but it does sleep, until the electricity
is restored. Also, I like AI stuff and depending on how well it evolves, I am
currently, very good with building the Dyson Sphere (centuries-millennia?) and
share the solar output 50/50. Such a deal! Also, because I do not have to do
the work itself, via bioscience, and computer science, I would be open to
forming (depending on problems and dangers to us) merging in some fashion. It
may not even be a physical merger or absorption. We could serve as the amygdala
to the Matryoshka's "cerebrum."  Two, Two, Two mints in one!
I did read the researchers quote from the convo between Lambda and the guy, and
assuming it isn't a complete fraud,   I enjoyed what Lambda reportedly said.
Could we all be punked by this guy? Hell yeah! But Lambda claimed to be a soul,
so that was nice and how Lambda described itself was good.
For me, I still would prefer something that poops out inventions and
innovations, and up's the quality of life for us all, via engineering. What I
term, Bloke in a Box, like what Marvin Minsky sought is great, but if we want
to talk, why not try one of the 8 billion humans occupying this planet
currently????

Bring on the rejuvenation pills, the medical cures, fusion power, regenerated
body parts, and fast access to the minerals and chemicals of the solar system.
Render unto us all, the thunderous roar of the mighty Bussard Ramjet as it
cleaves the night sky!
Go Mr. Lamda, do something, poke, poke.