From: Lawrence Crowell <goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com>
To: Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Jul 12, 2022 11:26 am
Subject: The collapse of bitcoin

Currencies are in some ways just asartificial as cryptocurrencies. In fact,
most everything humans chase after isspun up as whole cloth, from countries, to
gods, to money to belief in comradesin arms and so forth. Most everything
humanity does is ultimately fake. Moneyis stuff we just "make up." Even the
value of gold is something we"make up." We might be better off if we stopped
making this crap up. However, with currencies at least in arepresentative
system the average person has some impact. The crypto-currencytrend has been
the culmination of Milton Friedman's strange dream ofprivatizing almost
everything. In that setting the average person only has asmuch power in the
system as what they hold. An Elon Musk or Bezos etc hasvastly more and so they
not only have more power, they have more power to getmore. A world of complete
private forms of currencies is one that will lead toa sort of monetary
feudalism. There will at some point be a few people,financial institutions and
banks that own it all. They would come to be theoverlords of the world. The
collapse of the cryptocurrenciesand bitcoin is something of some relief to me.
The next dark age may beforestalled a few years at least. LC--
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/2df15bdf-0573-4664-8582-f7b276a401bbn%40googlegroups.com.