Hi Terren,

You are right, I know that. I have the impression that a bad health situation
can ruin people in the US. I have heard of stories of people refusing to call
an ambulance after a serious accident, for fear of the bill. I think that
another country were this is the case is South Korea. A colleague told me that
it is common there for people there to invest in a second home, to use it to
pay for the health bill in case they get cancer or something serious like that.

I guess what perplexes is that people seem to be more or less ok with this,
when there is overwhelming evidence that a better systems is possible.

Telmo