On Sun, Jan 8, 2023 at 6:43 PM <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:

*> Things that we're not accustomed to seeing as living or intelligent
> could exist.*

There is no end to the "maybe" game. Maybe rocks are brilliantly
intelligent but they're just shy and taciturn. But I doubt it.

*> Could Hoyles clouds or other things be alive, and we wouldn't have a
> clue? *

Could ET be super intelligent and yet every single one of them wants to let
99.99999....% of the universe's photons go to waste instead of putting them
to work to produce more thoughts and a more aware universe? Maybe, but I
doubt it.

> *Would scientists be surprised if something unusual arrived? Obviously. *

Would scientists be surprised if it turned out that rocks really were
brilliant? Obviously.