On Sun, Jul 30, 2023 at 7:44 PM 'spudboy...@aol.com' via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

*> If we go by Kurzweil, and I am open to his views, that day will be 7
> years away in 2030. His view? Medical nanotechnology that will make K. Eric
> Drexler, a happy primate.*

Drexler didn't say that Nanotechnology will necessarily make human primates
happier, he said that when we enter the age of Nanotechnology things will
become eye-wateringly different. Personally I think the Singularity will be
a meat grinder, an individual might survive it and they might not, there's
no way to tell. That's why they call it a singularity.

tyc