On Fri, Aug 4, 2023 at 12:46 AM 'spudboy...@aol.com' via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

*> unless anyone objects, why not test drive 5 and company, with QC?*

It will take a while before any Quantum Computer can run anything as large
as GPT, but it is now apparent that Quantum Computing is not needed to
produce Superhuman intelligence and thus The Singularity, it would just be
icing on the cake. Perhaps Quantum Computing will produce a singularity
after what we now call The Singularity; but by then biological human beings
will be long gone.

*> Do you think it will become conscious John (tremble)?*

Yes. As I've said before, I think consciousness is easy but intelligence is
hard, and GPT-4 is already intelligent.

cie