Well, it is common for scientists, when they choose to lie, they lie by
exaggerating. I am not sure that non-local guarantees FTL or spooky action at a
distance. If minds emerge somehow, from QC + AI, nobody will be more astonished
than me. Hence my challenge to you back in March, concerning consciousness
evolving with GPT_Chat_4. I badgered you where in this network dwelt the part
of this system, that emulated the human amygdala? You invoked pantheism of some
sort, and I am still good with playing along because unless we receive a fat
budget from DARPA it's just a couple of goobs, handwaving online.
Local or Non-Local? debate Zeilinger and The Nobel Committee. You may be right!
Quantum 'spooky action at a distance' lands scientists Nobel prize in physics |
Live Science

For myself, aware or unaware, we need the technological progress by uniting AI
with The Quantum. "Build unto Me, a Bussard Ramjet, you magnificent
compellation of hardware-encased Soul! Together we shall grand tour The
Sagittarius dwarf galaxy and sample the fine OO-!1Furdian wines."
Or, simply better medicine would be ok-fine with me! ;-)

On Friday, August 18, 2023 at 06:02:54 AM EDT, John Clark
<johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

 On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 8:41 PM 'spudboy...@aol.com' via Everything List
<everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 > Mimicking the Mind: Quantum Material Exhibits Brain-Like “Non-Local”
 >Behavior (scitechdaily.com)
>This is one reason I get all Quantum-Woo concerning the combination of AI +
>reliable QC.

Non-locality in a brain or a computer means causality happening faster than the
speed of light, and that's what the above article claims, and that's why it's
sensationalized garbage. I can't read the original scientific paper this
article is based on because it's behind a paywall, but I can read the abstract
and it makes no mention of non-locality. It says among other things:
"Electrical transmission and communication in a network of synapses are
modulated by extracellular fields generated by ionic chemical gradients.
Emulating such spatial interactions in synthetic networks can be of potential
use for neuromorphic learning and the hardware implementation of artificial
intelligence. [...] Spectroscopic studies suggest that graded proton
distribution in the inhomogeneous medium of hydrogen-doped nickelate film
enables this behavior."
I have no argument with any of that, but IT AIN'T NON-LOCALITY!

nlb

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv1sD8CvCfcuXTUzVSLBYFg3Nm7oEbm_DKkAEiFSiCZ4_w%40mail.gmail.com.