On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 1:01 PM Brent Meeker <meekerbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

* > I don't see how this "openess" will mean much for LLM's.  Neural nets
> that are trained on enormous data sets are inherently black boxes.  It's
> impossible to say exactly why they will produce one response and not
> another. *

That's true but the training data is very valuable and is usually
top-secret because if you have that and the basic learning algorithm then
you can tweak it for your own purposes, and then no one company can have a
monopoly on AI. But you're right it won't give you a deep understanding
about how it all works, nothing can do that, the AI's operation is just too
complex for the human mind to grasp.

849