After seeing how good OpenAI's program "Sora" is at creating photorealistic
video, movie maker Tyler Perry decided to cancel his plans to build a $800
million extension to his existing movie studio. He says:

*"I no longer would have to travel to locations. If I wanted to be in the
snow in Colorado, it’s text. If I wanted to write a scene on the moon, it’s
text, and this AI can generate it like nothing. If I wanted to have two
people in the living room in the mountains, I don’t have to build a set in
the mountains, I don’t have to put a set on my lot. I can sit in an office
and do this with a computer, which is shocking to me. [...] Everything
right now is so up in the air. It’s so malleable. The technology’s moving
so quickly. I feel like everybody in the industry is running a hundred
miles an hour to try and catch up, to try and put in guardrails and to try
and put in safety belts to keep livelihoods afloat. But me, just like every
other studio in town, we’re all trying to figure it all out. I think we’re
all trying to find the answers as we go, and it’s changing every day — and
it’s not just our industry, but it’s every industry that AI will be
affecting, from accountants to architects. [...]  I am very, very concerned
that in the near future, a lot of jobs are going to be lost. I really,
really feel that very strongly."*

After Seeing OpenAI’s Sora, Tyler Perry Cancelled Building an $800m Studio
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOJQkueap-A>

asq