> (I'm leaning away from having URI keys, favoring instead URI components
>  as separate keys from which a complete URI string can be formed.)

As someone who's used ESource in the past ..  I always found the old
way of doing it oh-so-confusing. I even added the following code to
dates:

                        /*
                         * Also ensure that the sources contained within this
                         * group have an appropriate uri setup. Removing the
                         * absolute uri in favour of a relative one.
                         */
                        source_list = e_source_group_peek_sources (group);

                        for (GSList *source_list_it = source_list;
source_list_it != NULL;
                                        source_list_it = g_slist_next
(source_list_it))
                        {
                                ESource *source = (ESource
*)source_list_it->data;

                                if (g_str_equal (e_source_peek_relative_uri
(source), ""))
                                {
                                        const gchar *uri =
e_source_peek_absolute_uri (source);