On Fri, 2012-11-23 at 09:54 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
> I'll wait for a week or two, to give people
> time for a response, and if there will be no strong opinion against it,
> then I'll replace ChangeLog files with the text Paul mentioned in this
> thread.

        Hi,
I just committed these changes:
   http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-data-server/commit/?id=a7269be
   http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/commit/?id=acdbc6b
   http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-ews/commit/?id=bfcfc25
   http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-mapi/commit/?id=9657641
where I dropped the code to generate a ChangeLog file from 'git log' and
I replaced it with content (for eds):

   The ChangeLog is no longer auto-generated when releasing.
   Get a clone of git repository and list changes with 'git log' there,
      $ git clone git://git.gnome.org/evolution-data-server
   or browse changes online at
      http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-data-server/log/?h=master

This way, when branching, the ChangeLog file can be updated with correct
branch name in the last URL, though I'm pretty sure I'll forget of it
often. :)
        Bye,
        Milan