Hello Milan,

Am Montag, den 29.09.2014, 09:52 +0200 schrieb Milan Crha:
> On Fri, 2014-09-26 at 15:04 +0200, schaarsc wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't know why and when the problem started, but at the moment I
> > cannot build e-d-s/master. I removed all my local/libs and tried a
> > fresh
> > checkout with jhbuild, same result "DSO missing from command line"
> >
> > to work around the issue I changed some Makefiles and added the
> > missing
> > symbols/lib manually to _LIBADD (see below)
>
>         Hello,
> Fedora doesn't claim any issue, that's why I missed it. Could you
> update to the latest git master, apply the attached patch and retry,
> please? It should work.

works for me. Thanks!

> > evo and e-d-s compile now, but I'm not 100% convinced of the result,
> > since evo deleted my "Personal" addressbook the first time I started
> > evo...
>
> That sounds odd, the data is stored in
> ~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system
> I'm not aware of anything what would cause the data loss, maybe unless
> there was any data to migrate, because the migration is done each
> start of the respective services (source registry, book/calendar
> factories and so on). If I recall correctly, then even this migration
> code takes care of the destination and doesn't rewrite anything
> existing. Though I can be wrong here.

I think I have seen this before, it happens the first time evo with a
new e-d-s version as a backend tries to access the addressbook. I don't
know how to reproduce it and it could be related to my test system
having a mix of evo/e-d-s old and new libraries (that's why I haven't
reported it as a bug).

The symptoms are more or less:
- start evo, goto addressbook -> error cannot access addressbook,
permission denied?
- the error is reported not only for
~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system but something like
~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/addressbook-system
- so far I have worked around the cannot-access-issue with "make clean"
and "rm -r /usr/local/lib/*"

Christian