On Sat, 2001-09-08 at 03:54, Alan wrote:

> Tasks
> Problem:
>  - When you first go to the tasks view, you are prompted for your
>    Timezone.  The problem with this is that you already provided
>    it during the initial setup.
>
> Possible Solution:
>  - Save the timezone value.  If it's not set (they didn't select it in
> the startup wizard) then prompt, and use that value for any for
>    any unset timezone entries.  If the task / calendar / inbox
>    component need their own timezones then they can be changed in
>    the preferences already.  IMHO the chances of a "normal user"
>    having different timezones set is very very low.

Did you actually select a timezone in the initial setup?
If you did, then we may have a bug. If you just hit 'OK' without
choosing a timezone then it is your fault ;)
Actually we should probably make sure the user chooses a timezone
before proceeding.

I've changed it so the tasks/calendar components never prompt for
the timezone now anyway.

> Problem:
>  - The first thing you see on entering the Tasks component is a line
>    saying "Click to add a task". Well, basically it doesn't work.
>    You click, and nothing happens except that the line changes to
>    blank fields, and double clicking / right clicking has no effect.
>
> Possible Solution:
>  - Have clicking on the "click to add a task" entry launch the same
>    dialog that the toolbar "new task" item launches.
>
> NOTE: After adding a task via the toolbar, clicking on the "click here
> to add a new task" worked.  I have confirmed that "Click to add a task"
> ONLY works if there is a task already in the list.

This looks like a problem with the underlying ETable widget.
I'm not sure if it is a known problem or not.
We do have several problems with it at present.

Damon