>In order to write to the LDAP server you need to check the "My server
>requires authentication" checkbox in the ldap server config dialog.
>
>Once you've entered your password (evolution will prompt you for it when
>you first select the ldap server) you'll be able to create/modify/delete
>entries.
>
>toshok

Hmm.  I had thought I tried that, but I discovered the interface is a
bit odd, and just
requires a bit of pushiness.

When I initially add my LDAP server, it appears in the list under the
'regular'
LDAP servers.  When it's selected, at that point, the options to add a
new contact
and so forth are all greyed out.  If, however, I request to open the
entire directory
in a new window, I go through authentication, and then the add contact
choices seem to appear.  Further, in later runs, selecting that LDAP server,
I immediately get the auth request, and it behaves better.

However, when I then go on to add or modify an entry, I get a permission
denied error box.  This, however, is something I should be capable of
digging
into further myself.  More when I have a spot more time...

Thanks for the input,

Jeremy