On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 12:09, jeff wrote:
> Is there documentation for the API for plugins?
>
> I'm interested in developing a plugin for evolution that allows it to
> use a phpgroupware server for calendar access, todo list, preferences,
> etc, and would like to know where I should start looking for information.

There's not really a lot of documentation (although you can look at
doc/devel/calendar in the evolution source tree). The basic idea is that
you will need to create a CORBA server that (like the existing wombat)
implements the GNOME:Evolution:CalFactory interface (from
calendar/idl/evolution-calendar.idl).

Addresses are handled by the idl in
addressbook/backend/idl/addressbook.idl. Preferences stuff is done via a
bonobo-conf moniker also currently implemented through the wombat. Mail
is the odd man out, and is done via Camel providers, which don't use
CORBA at all, but there are several existing Camel backends to use as
models.

-- Dan