Hi,

I decided to try out the latest libtool from gnu.org cvs.
I downloaded the bits for the binary-branch, which creates
a binary libtool, rather than a script-based tool.
My initial clean build for the evolution tree using the
new libtool took 40 minutes.  I ran a second clean build to
verify my results.  The second build completed in 46 minutes
(I was doing normal system usage stuff during both builds).

Then, to compare, I ran make uninstall in the binary libtool
tree and then reinstalled libtool 1.4.2 from RPM.  When I
timed the evolution build this time, it took 158 minutes.

I would like to recommend that the Evolution team get together
and do whatever they can to assist GNU.org in getting a solid
release of the new binary libtool to occur.  This will save
everyone doing Evolution development a HUGE amount of time
and increase the Ximian build team productivity in a big way!

Best wishes,

        Miles