On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 04:57, Ali Akcaagac wrote:

> i think your patch is a nice idea but if you want to seriously do
> something against that spamshit then a "pop3: filter" would be more
> powerfull. i have seen such a feature in kmail and would be glad to see
> such a feature in evolution.

This patch isn't supposed to be a solution for spam.  That's the job of
spamassasin, which takes care of *most* spam messages for me.  But since
the only HTML mail I receive is spam, it is still very annoying to see
the remainder that gets by spamassassin pop up all sorts of colors and
buttons and tables.  Or even if I get non-spam, where people abuse HTML
mail to have huge text, etc., in the middle of a technical discussion.
I find that extremely annoying.

I personally never want to see HTML mail unless I go to the explicit
trouble of clicking on the attachment button.  Hence the patch.