On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 14:45, Bryan W. Clark wrote:
> ok, so after some time spent scouring the archives i found out why after
> saving messages in the outgoing folder and changing your outgoing mail
> server requires a little hacking of the mbox file.  I had to delete the
> X-Evolution-Transport header and then it sent just like it was supposed
> to.
>
> I was wondering why this was and there was a reply by someone regarding
> the fact that Evolution needs to know which outgoing server to use.
>
> Couldn't evolution just store the mail account identity, and then do a
> look up on the accounts outgoing mail settings for the actual method
> when I hit send?  This way I could change the outgoing server address
> and the Outgoing message would automagically find the new one!

This is what it was supposed to do (you'll notice that it also saves an
X-Evolution-Account header). The problem was that it used the
X-Evolution-Transport header over the X-Evolution-Account header. The
priority order has ben reversed in the development branch for quite some
time now.

Jeff

> I imagine this isn't a problem that comes up often, but it has concerned
> me for the passed couple hours.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~ Bryan

Jeffrey Stedfast