On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 12:38, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am looking at reusing the camel package on
> Windows platform for my project.
>
> Has anyone successfully ported the package to
> Windows before? Anyone foresee any difficulty I
> may face in doing the port?

It will need a decent posix library.  Camel uses threads (it can be
compiled without it, but i dont think that works anymore), and all the
basix posix/c library calls, forking, pipes, etc.  It assumes (and will
continue to assume) that '/' is the directory separator, '/' is the root
of the filesystem, etc.

There are some dependencies on a couple of other evolution libraries -
it uses a couple of small parts from gal (most of which i'd like to
remove ... since using gal draws in almost all of gnome), and a small
utility library e-util.

Also note, camel is not a separate package.  It is an internal evolution
library - and subject to significant and constant api change and
redesign.

> I am glad to hear that smime is on the to-do
> list of Evolution.  Am hoping though that it
> could be given greater priority.  What would be
> the approach in the implementation, e.g. will it
> be built on existing packages like Smime Free
> Library (SFL) and OpenSSL?

Problem is SFL is c++ and the c api is pretty limited.  But that is
definetly something we were looking into.

As Jeff said, s/mime is on the todo list, but shelved for now.