On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 05:28, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-06-09 at 11:44, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
>
> [From thread "Re: [Evolution] Project Egypt" in Evolution-Users]
>
> > If the S/MIME code was being written in c++ for example, we wouldn't be
> > able to use it since Evolution is not written in c++.
>
> Just curious: What establishes this constraint? If a library is in C++
> or some other non-C language, but an interface is provided for C
> clients, is that workable?

Yeah, could be.  And if it wasn't, it could still be done, if written as
an external binary, for example (which would get around any licensing,
or threading, issues, etc), assuming its portable enough c++, etc.  I
dont think a program written in ada, though, for example, would be
particularly useful because of the added burden of maintaining an ada
development environment.