On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 12:59, Joe Wong wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   My foucs is how I can implement a multiuser calendar server that it can be
> used by evolution without modifying evolution. My understand so far is that
> ximian connector is indeed a 'camel' provider, the exchange calendar is a
> 'folder' from evolution point of view ( am I right? ).

There is a camel provider as part of Connector, but that's just to let
evolution-mail talk to the evolution-exchange-storage backend. The
calendar and addressbook parts are handled by the respective IDLs for
those components, the same way the wombat handles the local calendar and
addressbook folders.

Connector also implements the GNOME:Evolution:ShellComponent interface,
because that's the easiest way for it to get itself launched and get
access to the shell. It uses the shell IDL to create the Exchange folder
tree. (The wombat doesn't need to do that because the shell adds the
local folders to the tree itself, and the addressbook component adds the
LDAP folders.)

> Or currently, I can
> define a Free/Busy URL for each user in the address book, say using FTP.
> However, doing this require the user to setup the URL manually? Or, I can
> set up a LDAP server that the Free/Busy URL can be retrieved via LDAP and
> thus, the system administrator can setup the LDAP for this purpose. However,
> this require additional admin work.

All of that is correct.

> As PCS ->
> /home/<user>/evolution/local/Calendar/calendar.ics, I am wondering is there
> any way to configure evolution to read other user PCS at all. ...

The PCS is not a "server" in the way you mean. You can use the code as
an example of how to write a calendar backend, but it won't be directly
useful for creating a multi-user calendar server.

-- Dan