[CCing evo-hackers]

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 08:42, 马波 wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya,Hi
>
>    We are going to add UI to VJOURNAL, can you give us more info on "HOW"? :) maybe
>some ideas, some docs, even some URL where we can get info, Thanx in advance
>    We plan:
> 1 add an icon to short cut bar of shell, named "Diary"
> 2 add a node to folder tree of shell, named "Diary"
> 3 create/activate a seperate frame when people clicke either of the above two, the
>frame contains a list of entries sorted by date or by subject(VJOURNAL's summery),
>each for a diary, and there's "new diary" button on tool bar
> 4 user can add/access diary through calendar
> 5 user can access diary through executive summary
>
>    Do we on the right way?

that's nice to know, although you have to take some things in mind:

* I would call it 'journal' instead of 'diary', since this is how it's
called in the iCalendar standard (RFC2445).

* it's not a matter of adding the icon to the shortcut bar. You have to
add support for 'journal' folders to the evolution-storage component
(sources are in evolution/shell). Once you do that, the shell will
automatically display the new icon/folder in the shortcut bar/folder
tree.

* You have to add support for journal components to the calendar
backend. Most things should be in place, but maybe there are some cases
where VJOURNAL components are ignored. So those are the things to look
at (sources are in evolution/calendar/pcs).

* for the separate frame for VJOURNAL, you have to create a bonobo control,
as it is done for calendar and tasks. The best part to add this code is on the
evolution-calendar process itself (evolution/calendar/gui)

* then, for the user being able to add a journal entry from the calendar/summary,
you have to add a new option to the 'New' option menu in the toolbar. I am
not sure where this code lives in. Ettore?

And I think that's all. Maybe I'm forgetting something?

cheers
--
Rodrigo Moya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>