On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 00:24, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

> When you delete a message, it isn't removed from the mbox file and so
> nor is it removed from the ibex files as it is very possible that the
> user will decide to undelete it.

and that's exactly the problem. when deleting messages i usually 'delete
the trash' before exiting evolution. look at the quote above with the
10000 emails. i would have been thankfull if you at least would have
read it.

10000 mails == 50 mb

deleted down to just

500 mails == 5mb

as example. the 5 mb is the mbox file that was 50 mb before and that got
shrinked to 5 mb. so what's the deal with 'empty trash' vs. 'expunge'
the way it works here an empty trash really removes the stuff that i
really deleted from the mbox files. so why doesn't the ibex files get
shrinked aswell ? is it really necessary to make an expunge after you
really trashed the trash ? that's like shutting down the candle light
with a stone and use a spot to verify that it is realy down.

> You'll notice that unless you have Evolution set to "Hide Deleted
> Messages", you will still see the deleted message in the message list
> but it will just be striked out.
>
> Expunge purges deleted messages from the mbox file. Some mail clients
> like Netscape call this "Compact Folder" or whatever.

excuse me. the feedback i sent here wasn't meant to be a 'how do i use
evolution request' it was more to point you to some serious problems
that i have verified during the long time i was using evolution. i
recall that i already pointed some of these issues on irc to you.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]