Hi Ronald,

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 20:53, Ronald Kuetemeier wrote:
> My son, also a Michael btw, is sick and I didn't get much sleep the last
> two nights.  So take this with a grain of salt, I might be out of it.

        :-) I hope he's better now, very stressful;

>   int test = 0;
>
>   for(link = giop_connection_list.list; link; link = link->next)
>       if(!strcmp(sockpath, tmp->u.usock.sun_path)) {
>         cnx = test ? tmp : NULL;
>         if(!test) continue;
>         break;
>       }

        So 'test' is always 0, and thus you always make a new Unix domain
socket connection ? :-) wow - that's not going to be too efficient. I
imagine you'll allocate 1-2 file descriptors per object and blow your fd
limit pretty soon ;-) I'd be interested in the results of an:

        lsof -p <pidof evolution-shell>

> As you see I just added a test for debugging, well it works. Now why I
> still don't know.

        As you say, that seems to suggest that a duff unix socket connection is
getting stuck in the connection list somehow; I'd be interested (if you
can catch it) to see the dump of the connection, then match the fd it
mentions against the open file descriptors - perhaps it got closed
somehow (by something else ?).

        Good work though;

        Regards,

                Michael.

--
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot