This topic has been discussed to death on the gnome-hackers list ages
ago.

To summarise: GtkHTML2 doesn't have an editor which Evolution needs, and
to implement it for GtkHTML2 would be a massive amount of work. Also,
GtkHTML2 has not been Real World tested and falls down quite easily
(just ask the Balsa guys who are experiencing many many problems with it
currently).

The GNOME2 port of Evolution will be using GtkHTML1 ported to Gtk2.

Jeff

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 18:14, Louis Garcia wrote:
> Is gtkhtml1 going to be ported to gnome2? As it stands now their is
> already a html library in gnome2, I know it's not currently maintained
> very well but ximian could take it over. It would be bad if gnome2 had
> two competing html library APIs.
>
> --Lou

Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.