Hello,

A bit more info...

The evolution-executive-summary process is always in the stopped state at the time of the hang. I have been trying to get evolution to hang while I have strace attached to the evolution-executive-summary process. So far, I have been unsuccessful.

When strace is *not* attached to the process (via strace -p) the process will go into the stopped state after no more than 10 minutes or so. When strace is attached to the process it does not go into the stopped state (tried three times of about an hour each).

Does this make sense to anyone?

Is the problem here that evolution-mail is trying to talk to the stopped executive-summary ?

Thanks,
Jon

Not Zed wrote:
Yeah i agree with jeff, its probably orbit.

Can you attach gdb to evolution-mail, and when it hangs, generate a
backtrace (thread apply all bt).  That will at least tell us which bit
of code is being run ...

You're not using 2.5 kernels by any chance?