On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 05:11, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> Yo!
>
> I'm a bit disappointed by Evo 1.2.x - I've heard rumour that it now
> fixes all known GPG related bugs. Dropping inline support is imho not a
> fix, but I can understand it.

it is the only fix that can be done. no matter what you do, we cannot
reliably verify all inline-pgp signatures because there are a number of
problems with the format, which is why rfc3156 was written and pushed.

so, you either have to accept the fact that things won't always work or
you have to just drop support for it completely. Users would never be
happy with something that didn't work 100% of the time, so we dropped
it.

>  As for MIME: I've still quite a few
> problems.
>
> Here are the cases I've had recently:
>  - I can't verify messages I've sent myself when the attachment is a
> rfc822-message (what's that MIME type again? You know what I mean).
> (evo 1.2.1, gpg 1.2.1)

I'll look into this, but afaik it works.

>  - I often can't verify messages sent from Outlook with GPGRelay:
> and
> | Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (MingW32) - GPGrelay v0.90
> Verified that mutt can verify the sig in this case.

well, does GPGRelay fully comply with rfc3156? if not, well... that
would be why it doesn't work :-)

>  - Just recently, a case of BAD signature with
> Verified: I could verify that signature manually.

can you attach a sample message to bugzilla.ximian.com illustrating this
particular problem?

> Does it help to send you the messaages?

yes.

Jeff