Juergen Dankoweit wrote:

> today I have given up using a global address book with Evolution
> 2.4.2.1. The most angry point is that I have spent hours with
> that...

I'm using it at work, no complaints from the colleagues so far.
However, I never copy local entries to the LDAP server.  Not all
attributes are included in evolutionperson.schema and this causes
trouble.

> With Evo 2.0.3 it works perfect!

Worked for me as well in the past.

> Yes. Here is the relevant part of
> the /usr/lopcal/etc/openldap/slapd.conf:
[...]
> # fuer Evolution
> # ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> include
> /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/evolution-data-server-1.4/evolutionperson.schema

Ok. this is the first thing to check.

> Here is the debug output from slapd (slapd ... - d127):
>
> ldap_read: want= 8 error= Resource temporarily unavailable
> ber_get_next on fd 9 failed errno= 35 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
> do_abandon: op= 4 not found
> daemon: select: listen=3D6 active_threads= 0 tvp= NULL

This happens after you try to copy?  Something weird is going on.  You
mentioned that you can still read the entries with GQ...