On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 03:12 -0600, Sankar P wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-07-29 at 08:10 -0400, carpetnailz wrote:
> > I'm using Evolution 2.10.1 with Ubuntu Feisty.
> >
> > I'm getting several junk emails a day that all look similar to me (e.g.,
> > they all have some random name in the "to" field with my email address
> > in angle brackets). Yet the junk filter is not catching them.
> >
> > Under Edit-Preferences-Mail Preferences-Junk, I have "Check incoming
> > mail for junk" checked. Should I also have "Include remote tests"
> > checked? What exactly does that add to the process?
> >
> > Is there anything else I should do, or have these jerks just figured a
> > good way around the Evolution junk mail filter?
>
> For junk filter to work, you need to train both SPAM and HAM. Probably
> you missed it.
>

> > Thanks.
> >
> > nails

I'm confused. First, my old computer running Evolution 2.2.2 and FC3
seems to just handle junk on its own without either Spamassassin or
Bogofilter installed or any other junk plugin. When I mark something as
junk on that system, I see a message at the bottom that says "Learning
junk." I don't get that with my current setup, Evolution 2.10.1 and
Ubuntu Feisty.
   Second, I've installed Spamassassin, but it doesn't seem to be doing
anything. Under Plugin manager I have spamassassin checked and
bogofilter unchecked.

I didn't do any "training" of anything called Spam and Ham in my old
system. How do I do that?

thanks.