On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 14:13 -0400, Daniel Cardin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> This is my first post as I am new to Evolution. So far, I am very
> impressed with it. I have two questions though:

Good to know your comments :)

> 1. It seems that filters I have assigned to run automatically on an
> exchange connection don't always run; they seldom do actually. Is that a
> known bug currently?

Hope you have enabled 'apply filter to new message' from Edit >
Preferences > Account editor > Receiving option tab

You can also enable 'check for new messages in all folders' but it slows
down evolution little bit.

> 2. Is there a away that I can group my mails in a folder based on the
> sender or even better, the date the mail was received ?

You have sender,receiver,size,label,date received and many more options
at the time of filter creation.

You can use search folders also but you will have two copies of mail.

- Akhil