On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 15:27 +0200, Danie Malherbe wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> The only reason why I am sticking to TB and not Evolution is that I
> use 3 "service providers"...cellphone, exchange, and home DSL, so it
> is very easy to switch between the 3 SMTPs in TB (change which SMTP to
> use for sending your mail), it is just a tab/drop down menu with your
> choices (pre-setup). Just go to Edit, Account Settings... At the
> bottom of your Default Identity you can choose any of your setup
> Outgoing servers (SMTP). Just click on the down arrow and a drop-down
> box appears with your choices... select the relevant one and
> send/receive your mail on all your accounts. No need to remember all
> the settings for each SMTP (server name, UN, PW, etc.)
>
> Maybe you know of a way to work around this problem. This is one of
> the cons I guess...

You can create 3 send-only accounts i.e., receiving options will have
None and sending option will have your SMTP account details.

These accounts will be listed in your Composer. You need to keep the
account in enabled state though.

> Danie
>

> Bob Root wrote:
> > Is there any further information about moving from Thunderbird To
> > Evolution; Pros and Cons etc. I really like the look and feel of
> > Evolution; have used Thunderbird for years prior to shedding Windows op
> > systems.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bob
Sankar P
Harver's Law: A drunken man's words are a sober man's thoughts

 Novell, Inc.
Software for the Open Enterpriseā„¢
http://www.novell.com