And now I just noticed that Evolution (last patches on HH) is not picking up
all emails and also not all calendar items.
I recall seeing emails with similar content, but not sure whether there is a
work-around or fix in the makes for this?

The stability issues are there, too. Today I killed Evo and backend tasks 6
times (lost connection to backend tasks).

I do understand what it means to develop software - and open source sw on top
of it - as I myself am in this business. But on email/calendar functionality
there is simply no compromise. If I can't fix it somehow today, I will have to
move back to Outlook2003 (runs on wine on my linux laptop).