On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 09:54:32 -0500
HggdH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 2008-06-02 Peter has written:
>
> > 3. When I try to write a reply or a new mail on Evolution (on
> > Xubuntu Hardy), the moment I bring up a new email form, my CPU
> > usage skyrockets to 99% and stays there until I shut Evolution down
> > and restart it. I've used the system monitor to see which programs
> > were responsible, and they were Evolution and Gnome Keyring, with
> > Gnome keyring accounting for more than half of the combined CPU
> > use. Which is why I'm using a back-up email program at the moment...
>
> (This actually applies to both Peter and the previous poster,
> Dinbandhu)
>
> Have you opened a bug on Launchpad (https://bugs.launchpad.net/)? I
> think Ubuntu is running with some additional patches regarding
> gnome-keyring integration.
>
> Also -- we have put some new proposed fixes for Evolution Hardy. You
> will have to enable the pre-release updates on
> System/Administration/Software Sources/Updates to get it; then update
> the repositories, then select & install *all* evolution packages;
> finally, on a terminal, issue 'evolution --force-shutdown', and
> restart Evo.
>
> If all the above applies, and you still have the issue, then we will
> need more hard data, but the best way is to have a bug reported to
> start with.
>
> Regards,
>
> ..hggdh..

Many thanks. I haven't opened a bug report yet because I want to rule
out the loose-nut-behind-the-wheel syndrome first.

With best regards,

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"