On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Mac McClellan <squog...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 8:55 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan <p...@usb.ve> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 16:56 -0500, Mac McClellan wrote:
>>> I work as a contractor for a certain agency that has a locked down
>>> network.  The only thing going in or out is http, https and SSH.
>>>
>>> I got POP3 to work by forwarding the POP3S port like this:
>>>
>>> ssh MyHostOnTheNet.net -L 995:mail.MyCorporateMailServer.com:995
>>>
>>> Which seems to work just fine.  With SMTP it is a little different
>>> story and can't seem to make sense of why it does not work.
>>>
>>> I'm using Evolution 2.12.3 on CentOS Linux 5.2
>>>
>>> Here's how I have it set up:
>>> In 'Sending Email' tab:
>>> Server Type: SMTP
>>> Server: localhost
>>> Server requires authentication [Checked]
>>> Security: SSL
>>> Authentication Type: Login
>>>
>>> On my workstation I have done the following:
>>>
>>> ssh MyHostOnTheNet.net -L 465:mail.MyCorporateMailServer.com:465
>>>
>>> On my HostOnTheNet I do a tcpdump for port 465 and hit the send
>>> recieve on Evolution on my workstation.  I see the traffic going back
>>> and forth between MyHostOnTheNet.net and
>>> mail.MyCorporateMailServer.com so I believe the tunnel is set up
>>> correctly.
>>>
>>> If I telnet to port 465 on localhost and issue a EHLO I get the following:
>>>
>>> # telnet localhost 465
>>> Trying 127.0.0.1...
>>> Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
>>> Escape character is '^]'.
>>> 220 scires.com GroupWise Internet Agent 7.0.2 HP Copyright (c)
>>> 1993-2007 Novell, Inc.  All rights reserved. Ready
>>> EHLO
>>> 250-scires.com
>>> 250-AUTH LOGIN
>>> 250-8BITMIME
>>> 250-SIZE
>>> 250-DSN
>>> 250 STARTTLS
>>>
>>> So I think I have the port correct as well, but sending messages just
>>> sits and hangs and never goes through.
>>>
>>> TIA for the help.
>>
>> Run Evo with CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1
>>
>> poc
>>

> Tried that and piped it to a log file.  No difference in behavior and
> nothing significant in the log.  Here it is in case I'm missing
> something:
>
> # tail -f evolution.log
> CalDAV Eplugin starting up ...
> ** (evolution:8730): DEBUG: mailto URL command: evolution --component=mail %s
> ** (evolution:8730): DEBUG: mailto URL program: evolution
> libnm_glib_nm_state_cb: dbus returned an error.
>  (org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown) The name
> org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files
>

> That's it.  Evo waits forever saying it is sending message 1 of 1 and
> never sends and never gets past the 'Send & Receive Mail' windowlet
> that pops up.  I have to cancel.
>
> After canceling this pops into the log:
>
> (evolution:8730): camel-local-provider-WARNING **: Didn't get the next
> message where I expected (677) got 0 instead
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Mac

Sorry, I forgot to export the camel.  I did get more stuff in the log
after exporting and nothing seemed significant.  It did show the
POPing but when it came to the send nothing showed in the logs and
nothing happening in EVO.  Just the same message at the end after
canceling after waiting forever.

Mac