On 03/02/09 07:34, Peter Privat wrote:
> I'm using Evolution 2.24.3 which is packaged with the Ubuntu Desktop
> 8.10. I have a problem and hope someone could help me out on this. I'm
> currently using mail accounts from two different mail provider
> companies. When sending mail, it looks like Evolution is always using
> the SMTP account information from the Default mail account regardless of
> what mail account I've selected from the dropdown list after "From:" in
> the composer window. Changing the default mail account just because I
> will send mail through a different mail provider, is very annoying.
>
> Is there anyone who knows how to solve this?

Hi Peter,
  Two accounts work fine on mine. I am also using Evolution 2.24.3 on
Ubuntu 8.10 with any updates. I have two accounts, one on Exchange Labs
and one on gmail. I only set it up this morning, and had problems with
Exchange, so I gave up and just got it to work with POP3 and smpt. Gmail
was working fine for send and receive, but Exchange wasn't sending until
I got the configuration right. After reading your message, I sent two
emails between the accounts, and after reading the headers I am pretty
sure that the sender account's smtp server is used, and not just the
default one. I also believe this would be refused by a decently setup
smtp server.
 Perhaps there is a problem with your settings, does the [check for
supported (authentication) types] work when you set up smtp for the
secondary account? Have you checked the headers? Are you working from
within a firewall (they can be nasty too)?
Cheers,
Nick