Hi Timo,

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 14:12 +0200, Timo Steuerwald wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have on two different installations the same problem.
> The customized search edit field simply doesn't work.
> After selecting the type of search (e.g. "subject contain", "sender
> contain"...) and typing the search string, every time zero mails will be
> displayed.
> However there are many mails which match to the typed expression.
>
> Has anybody out there the same problem?

I have seen a similar post, but this is the 1st occurrence since that
Feb. thread.
Check thread: my 1st impression & what's missing  FEB 27, 2009
   I don't see a resolution to his issue posted.
Also check that Folder setting Show: is All Messages, else only whatever
 is selected, Recent or Unread messages will display.

> Used version of evolution is 2.24.3 (Ubuntu 8.10)
I use Ubuntu based LinuxMint 6; and evo 2.24.3 Pretty much the same as
you.

> Cheers
> Timo

In my Evol-list Search Folder I selected Message Contains, and typed
'search' in the search box, and up popped 94 list e-mails containing
'search'.
Hope you find a resolution.

Scott