Hi,

On Tue, 2009-07-07 at 09:33 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm must use Evolution and I'm now missing what I have had with my MUA
> 'mutt': an efficient way to edit the text of the mail body. I'm used to
> do this with 'vim' using 'mutt' and I'm now forced to use a mouse to do
> copy&paste operations (instead of just '10yy' ... 'p'), or mark with the
> mouse some hundreds of lines of a mail to do only a few word reply to the
> only line of this mail which deserves an answer :-(

If you want to reply to some part only, just select it and press Reply
button, only the selected part will be shown in the new mail window.

> Is there some way to have an external editor connected to Evolution,
> like it is possible to connect a text editor to Firefox text input field
> as a plug-in?

Yes, there is an experimental external-editor plugin for evolution, with
it enabled (Edit->Plugins) you can do File->Compose in External Editor
within composer, though it's probably not available in your version, or
at least needs some "recent" fixes done there, for better stability. I
think those are parts of 2.26.3+, but I'm not sure now.
        Bye,
        Milan