Not sure why you state that this is not allowed
 -- See remainder of post sent via Tbird at bottom.
Dave Jewett wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> I am using Thunderbird.  It has a method to configure for either top or
> bottom post on replies.  But the placement of the configuration option
> is not obvious - and to find the configuration option for this one email
> was way more work than seemed necessary.

I can even post in the middle of the text.
No configuration option changes required.
> Thunderbird's reply feature does not allow a bottom post when configured
> for top post; nor does it allow a top post when configured for bottom post.
>
> Moving the cursor to the bottom will not work on a Thunderbird reply.

Of course it will -- I just did it.
> - Dave

Response written in thunderbird.  Cursor movement is allowed throughout the
email.

reid