On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 12:13 -0600, John Lange wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan <p...@usb.ve> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 11:25 -0600, John Lange wrote:
> >> But, suffice to say this change doesn't make much sense. I'm trying to
> >> think of a situation where, by default you would want to reply from a
> >> different address than the mail as went to but I can't.
> >
> > Easy. People sometimes want to reply from an institutional address
> > rather than a personal one, especially if the original message was
> > forwarded from the institutional addess in the first place.
>
> That's exactly what I just said.

Then I didn't understand what you said.

> If the mail is forwarded by the mail system, then the original "TO"
> address will be the institutional address and the reply should come
> from that address, not the mailbox it ultimately ended up in.

The confusion is due to the interpretation of "forward". I assumed, in a
discussion about Evo, that you meant "forwarded by Evo or some
equivalent MUA", meaning there's in fact a new message (TO a personal
address in this case) with the old message either inline or attached,
whereas what you actually mean is "processed by a .forward file or
similar".

poc