On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 08:48 -0500, Marko Kaligarič wrote:
> I have some problems with Evolution while connecting/using exchange
> The problems are related to the speed of retrieving emails(sometimes,
> to retrieve just few emails from the server, it takes something like
> 30
> min)and the ''Junk'' mail filter does not work properly(When you mark
> an email as ''Junk'', evolution moves it to the appropriate folder.But
> when you try to find/locate it evolution doesn't find it anywhere or
> if
> it find the email there is no way to open it).

I would not use local filtering on an Exchange account, Junk or
otherwise.  That would slow things down.

> So, questions are following:
>
> 1)Is there any way to speed-up the connection with the exchange
> server(something more similar to a real-time connection)?

Is the exchange server on the LAN or WAN?

> 2)Is there any difference if I use a linux server in state of the
> Windows one?

There is no Linux Exchange server.

> 3)Which should be the best configuration to fix the problem with the
> junk mail filter or to configure evolution to work faster?

Log into your exchange account via browser/owa.  Set up your filters
there.  It will store them on the server.  Turn off local filtering.

--
Art Alexion
Resources for Human Development, Inc.          215-951-0300 x3075