#1 is a KDE issue.  I didn't have it while running Gnome3.
> IMO, #2 sounds like the problem lies elsewhere, not in Evolution.
Very likely you're right.  I've been waiting for 3.0.3 before doing
serious investigation.
> I know I've never seen #4.
This is not new to me.  I've seen it for about a year, under both Gnome
and KDE.  In the latest version of evolution it happens a lot.
> Do 6 & 7 only affect local folders (POP) or remote (IMAP/IMAPX)
> folders as well?
Local folders only.  I don't run IMAP/IMAPX.

====> The question remains: When will evolution-3.0.3 (or 3.1.x) be out?