Font problems are less bad in 3.2.1 than in the previous version (3.0.2,
I think).  Font size can't be controlled, though the font sizes that are
used (the defaults) are slightly larger than they were in the last
version, which I like better.  The mail reader for non-html messages now
pays attention to whether the font requested is bold or not.  The
problem occurs whether

        Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences->Message Display->Use the
        same fonts as other applications

is checked or not.

Is there any prospect of this being fixed soon?

Thanks - jon