Am Freitag, den 10.02.2012, 19:53 +0100 schrieb Thomas Mittelstaedt:
> Am Mittwoch, den 08.02.2012, 14:03 -0500 schrieb Joe Fitzmyer:
> > I have a user in our company that recently was given a new machine running
> > Mint 12. Previously he had been using a distribution that used Evolution
> > 2.0.3.
> >
> > How can I migrate his data to the current Evolution 3.2.2? His older
> > version
> > does not support the Backup option. The file structures are somewhat
> > different between the two versions.
> >
> > Thanks for any insight.
>
> Well, since it's such an old version, I'd suggest, your user should
> start afresh with evolution 3.2.2 and import the old data using the
> import-feature in the new version. I hope this is not too cumbersome.
> Maybe, there exists a plug-in which can import more than one mbox-file
> or more than one calendar file.
> Hope that helps!

Well, or you could just save the old data into a tar.gz archive and use
the backup-restore feature of the new version. That process may not be
perfect but could import most of the data and save some time. I can
remember having tested that backup-restore feature and it would properly
move old data from the ~/.evolution directory to the new ~/.local/...
directory structure. (I can also remember that I had to delete or rename
~/.evolution to something else after the import so that evolution would
not try to pick up calendar data from the now empty .evolution/calendar
folder.)

--
thomas