On Mon, 2012-09-10 at 10:26 +0200, Bastien Durel wrote:
> Le dimanche 09 septembre 2012 à 22:40 -0400, Jeff Fortin a écrit :
> As users (mostly) ignore security warnings[1], it should be useless,
> IMHO.
> SSH does not targets same users than browsers or mail readers, so users
> are more likely to read them. (And SSH keys doesn't expires, so you can
> keep fingerprints for ages)
> [1] http://lorrie.cranor.org/pubs/sslwarnings.pdf

Yep, after 20+ years as a System & Network Administrator I can tell you
with complete certainty that 99.44% of users just-hit-accept when they
see an invalid-certificate notice.  The only solution is a policy which
disables accepting untrusted certificates [and what a nightmare that is
as there are *many* commerce sites that use expired or self-signed
certificates </bangs_head_against_wall>].

There is no issue with how GNOME or Evolution manages certificates.