On Fri, 2012-10-19 at 08:42 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 09:42 -0700, John Stile wrote:
> > Evolution 2.32.3
> >
> > I have blank folder names in evolution, that don't behave like folders.
> > How do I clean up my Evolution?
> >
> > I got into this mess moving folders around. ...
> >
> > This has happened for two accounts: Courier IMAP and Exchange IMAP, and
> > the IMAP server looks right, so I don't think it is an server side
> > issue.
>
>       Hi,
> I guess your local cache of IMAP folder structure got confused. There
> had been done several fixes in this area between your and current stable
> version (which is 3.6.1). You can try to get rid of the local cache
> completely, and see whether reload of folder structure will help. It has
> one disadvantage, all the already downloaded messages will be gone and
> downloaded again. Anyway, you can see your IMAP local caches in
>    ~/.evolution/mail/imap/
> each subfolder for each IMAP account you have configured. Close
> evolution and move the folders away, then run it, and see how evolution
> will fetch folder structure from scratch. It could happen, with your
> version, that there was still a blank folder, but the next start it
> should be all fine. It used to be for me, at least.
>       Hope it helps,
>       Milan
Thank you Milan.

For some reason my Gentoo distribution is still calling Gnome3 unstable,
so upgrading Evolution is not an option, until Gnome3 is found stable.

I was able to solve the issues.
In Folder->Subscriptions, I had every singe folder checked.

I don't remember doing this my self, but I have been using Evolution
since it was Ximian, and I have history since 1999, so who knows what
has transpired over time.

I unchecked all the subscribed folders (hay, a select-none button would
be nice), and restarted Evolution.

Upon restart, the blank folders where gone.

But upgrade was not required.