On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 07:41 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 06:25 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> > In the activity bar I right-click the Evolution icon and select "New
> > Window".
> Activity bar is the black bar at the top of GNOME's shell?

Correct, sorry.  I believe I mean the 'dash' [essentially the dock on
the left side of the screen from which 'favorite' applications are
launched.].

In the dash currently open applications are illuminated and clicking an
illuminated icon takes you to the open application.  Or you can
right-click on an illuminated application and select and existing window
or "New Windows" to make a new window / instance on the current
workspace.

--
Adam Tauno Williams
System Administrator, OpenGroupware Developer, LPI / CNA