Hi :)
At the moment i get the impression that Evolution gets used on a lot more
platforms and DE's than just Gnome.  But the whole of Evolution's
infrastructure is contained within the Gnome project.

Is it technically possible to move the project under a different umbrella?
Would it make sense to move to The Document Foundation (TDF)?  At the moment
TDF only have 1 product (LibreOffice (LO)) and all the Board and everything is
geared only to that.  It might be good for them if there were other projects
joining them at board level.  The way i envision it each product would remain
independent of each other and retain their own management structures.

Would there be any scope for attracting some of their devs to work on Evo
rather than some of them just doing a little bit on LO and then vanishing off
into the ether?  It might be interesting for them to see how 2 very different
structures work and give them a chance to see which style they prefer.  Also
they seem to be quite good at attracting funding from donations and getting out
to trade-shows and events to raise their profile.

Gnome is famous and has been around a long time but TDF has gained a lot of
ground in the last 2 years and established itself well while still being seen
as fresh and exciting in the press.  I've even seen it mentioned on the front
covers of  fairly mainstream magazines at my local supermarket.

I just wondered if anyone here had thought about repositioning Evo
strategically?
Regards from
Tom :)