El mar, 12-03-2013 a las 06:06 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams escribió:

> On Tue, 2013-03-12 at 09:54 +0100, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:
> > > I wonder how to start debugging here. Maybe strace to see what your
> > > computer is doing? Have you checked forums and bugtrackers of your
> > > distribution if other users face the same problem?
> > I've checked some lists, googling, etc and found some really angry
> > users about evo performance. But I don't
> > rely on just one opinion and continued looking for help. There's
> > nothing more I can find, so I went to this list.
> > I thought that an SSD disk would help but it does not.
>
> No, because the computer is actually possibly doing nothing - so more
> horsepower will not help.  That is why it is important to see what is
> actually going on.
>
> Most of the performance problems are encounter are not due to
> insufficient resources; but are the result of something waiting on
> something, that is possibly waiting on something.  Everyone waiting.
> Computers are more powerful and applications more complex - so this is
> the 21st century performance problem.  Fortunately it usually isn't that
> difficult to suss out what is going on [or not going on].
>
> > And I don't want to do old way of solving problems: "If your
> > program is slow, buy a new computer". That's not the way.
>
> Nobody recommended that.
>
> > But I want Evolution go better...
>
> As does everyone here.

Hi!  This is just for information:

        I'm on Fedora 18 64-bits, using Mate and Evolution 3.6.3.  I
have some little issues with performance too.  Yesterday I ran Bleachbit
and now is working better.  Not perfect but better.  Also, when I run
Evolution from console it claims that some font config file is
deprecated.  I think this is slowing down my Evo too.

That's all, regards,
Lailah