On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 13:56 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 10:46 -0700, N B Day wrote:
> > I don't understand why the Ubuntu people have dropped the ball on this
> > so badly for so long.

It is not their ball anymore.  From their perspective it is just some
third-party package.  Or at least that is how their perspective on GNOME
and GNOME apps in general was explained to me.  Ubuntu is Ubuntu, GNOME
is GNOME, etc...

> Granted we've dropped the ball ourselves on occasion in the past, which
> may be where the distrust stems from, but I'd like to think our recent
> track record has been markedly improved.

I strongly feel that this is true;  recent version have really raised
the quality level and new features are coming pretty fast [relative to
what seemed like a l-o-n-g period of just refactoring].  Sadly some
users cling to any sour impression they've gathered [it is hard to think
of any significant software package/project that hasn't had a lemon
version here and there].

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383