On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Matthew Barnes <mbar...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I don't know what you're basing your opinion on, but you're way off
> base.  If you've been paying attention, you already know that we've
> made great strides toward making Evolution's configuration far more
> readable and easier to back up and copy than ever before.

I am still scarred by the XML stored in GConf keys for account
configuration and my attempt to synchronize my VFolder configurations
(config in GConf? config in files? do I need these sqlite files or not? why
do my copied VFolders now claim to have 0 unread messages but when I open
them there's thousands of unread messages?) across three Evolution
installations.

That was 2007 and I haven't tried to do anything similar since.

Make a bad impression once and it sticks forever.